Google Plus is an SEO lover’s dream. If you think about it, it’s really quite simple. I saw a quote online that said, “while you think your audience isn’t using Google Plus, they are using Google.” Who isn’t using Google? Really. Simply maintaining a presence on Google Plus boosts your SEO. Your activity helps increase your chances of showing up in Google search results and it makes it easier for people to find your business information when searching online.
We all want our businesses found, right? Of course. That’s where Google Plus comes in with it’s SEO boosting capabilities.
If you have a local business where you see customers or clients and conduct business, consider creating and maintaining a Google Local page. Your Google Local page allows you to showcase all of your local business information. This means that when someone searches for your business using Google, they will easily find your location, hours, reviews, a map and more. Keep in mind mobile and SEO. Based on a Nielson study, 1 out of every 3 smartphone users searches specifically for contact information. Get found by claiming your page and keeping it up to date. See more tips to get your local biz found using Google Tools for SEO.
Your Google+ public posts and pages are indexed by Google’s search engine. So, your shares and status updates can show up in Google as a search result, playing a key role in boosting your SEO. Make them count! When posting content about your business:
- Don’t forget to optimize your post titles, making that title compelling enough to get clicked.
- The first sentence of each post becomes the post’s title tag, one of the most important ranking factors.
- Post fresh content. Google loves it! Sharing new content on Google+ is one way to get your content indexed faster.
Also remember to:
- Include images in your Google+ strategy. Google loves images! Using the proper keywords with your images aids in your SEO efforts, as well. Google allows you to search specifically for images. Why not use images in your strategy?
- Use hashtags and keywords. Hashtags make your topic more top of mind and keywords can help Google index your content properly. Use both wisely.
As business owners, we hope that our online efforts lead to business growth. While we focus on providing value and building relationships, we also want to make sure we’re doing the necessary work to lead customers to us online, and eventually offline if we’re running a local business. The best way to do this is to maintain a strong presence where people are searching.
Your website rankings and ability to be found are most likely to increase with the activity you put into Google Plus.
Do you maintain a presence on Google+? If not, what’s stopping you?