Do you like, no do you LOVE what you do for a living? Do you find yourself consistently generating new ideas for your business or industry? If you answered yes to one or both of those questions, then blog about it! It’s amazing that there are still many business owners who don’t blog. Are you one of them? If you don’t have a blog you may have a major black hole in your online marketing presence.
What exactly is a blog?
A blog is a collection of articles that allows you/your business to be seen as an authority in your industry. A blog provides a platform to stand on and show the world you know what you’re talking about. A blog also allows your audience to connect with you online because your articles reflect your personality. As you write, be yourself. By being yourself, you build trust. Building trust helps you deepen the relationship with your customers, or potential customers. Then will then feel more comfortable doing business with you.
Why should you blog?
- It will drive traffic to your website.
- Your target audience reads blogs.
- You can share your knowledge with your audience and prove you know what you’re talking about.
- It allows others to comment and you can respond.
- It improves your SEO.
- It is a resource a social media consultant can use with your social media accounts.
Are you now contemplating starting your own blog?
How can you keep your blog active?
- Establish a posting schedule and stick to it.
- Schedule articles to post at a later date, as part of that schedule.
- Outsource blog maintenance to a virtual assistant.
- Hire a writer.
- Allow guest blog posts.
- Post industry related videos.
How can you generate blog post ideas?
- Answer questions you are frequently asked.
- Discuss new trends in your industry.
- Read other blogs in your industry or related to your industry.
I hope you are ready to start blogging! If you need some help to get started, take a look at this collection of articles on blogging. If it’s all a little too overwhelming, then you can always ask a virtual assistant for help as you get started.
What is keeping you from blogging for your business? Please share!