However, from time-to-time, I DO believe some quotes are worth sharing – especially when they produce “a-ha moments” and clarity on a specific topic (rather than the mundane motivational quotes).
So, I’ve curated the top 17 quotes on content marketing from deep in-the-trenches, from experienced marketers.
Truer Than True Content Marketing Quotes From The Experts:
- “A great headline mixed with a lame opening is like inviting someone into your house, only to slam the door in their face as they approach.” ~ Brian Clark, Copyblogger
- “Good content isn’t about good storytelling. It’s about telling a true story well.” ~ Ann Handley, MarketingProfs
- “Stop Writing about Everything. So many brands create content and try to cover everything, instead of focusing on the core niche that they can position themselves as an expert around. No one cares about your special recipe… Find your niche, and then go even more niche.” ~ Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute
- “Content is fire, social media is gasoline.” ~ Jay Baer, Convince and Convert
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Content is King but engagement is Queen, and the lady rules the house!” Mari Smith, Mari Smith International
- “Content marketing is more than a buzzword. It is the hottest trend in marketing because it is the biggest gap between what buyers want and brands produce.” ~ Michael Brenner, SAP
- “Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world you are one.” Robert Rose, Content Marketing Institute
- “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.’” ~ Jamie Turner, 60 Second Marketer
- “The bottom line is that there is only one true branding mechanism online and that’s content marketing.” ~ Gilad de Vries, Outbrain
- “No matter what, the very first piece social media real estate I’d start with is a blog.” ~ Chris Brogan, Human Business Works
- “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” ~ Jon Buscall, Jontus Media
- “Trust has never been more important as a corporate asset, and it needs to be managed for people to believe the information that you’re putting out.” ~ Amy Treanor, Eldeman Square
- “You have to empathize with your target audience in three ways: how they discover information, their preferences for consumption — which drills down to channels, devices and content — and what motivates them to take action.” Lee Odden, TopRank
- “People just jump right to, ‘We’re going to create this really cool thing and put it out there and people are going to magically find it.’ You have to market your marketing.” ~ C.C. Chapman, Content Rules
- “We wrote our first blog post before we wrote our first line of code.” ~ Jon Miller, Marketo
- “If you create great content, huzzah. But if it doesn’t move anywhere, you’re not succeeding.” ~ Mark Schaefer, Schaefer Marketing Solutions
Are you feeling as enlightened as I am?
Bonus tip: Click the linked names to follow these profound people on Twitter, and click the business pages for a plethora of powerful content marketing ideas.
What quotes would you add? Let me know in the comment section below!